My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.motherhoodsupport.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Product Spotlight: Save Those Sippy Cups!

I have been wanting to write about this product for a while now because it has made my life easier since Cody was..... hmmmm, how soon we forget! Either way, it has totally saved me so I really wanted to share! When Cody started learning to drink from a sippy cup, he was a little too young to understand to keep things on his high chair tray, in his stroller, or on the table at the restaurant. What would he do? I will give you one guess?! That's right! He would throw it on the floor! If you know me, or have been reading my posts, you know what a germaphobe I am! I would throw up in my mouth (sorry for the visual!) every time his cup would hit the nasty floor of a restaurant, or the floor at the mall or some other public place. At home, he would drop it on the floor, I pick it up and that game would go on forever!

So... one day I was at babies-r-us and found the most wonderful thing!!!  Booginhead SippiGrip Cup, Bottle and Toy Tether, Orange Grey Stripe! The first thing I thought of was "why didn't I think of that?!" and then "2 please"! One side straps to your child's stroller or high chair and the other to their bottle, sippy cup, and I even used it on his snack cups! You do not know how awesome it was to know that I could attach it to pretty much anything and it would stay put! No hitting of the floor, no germs on the cup spout, no chasing after his snack cup!

Now that he is older, he knows not to throw is cup and (most of the time) does a good job keeping it at the table. I don't use it now like I did before (I didn't leave the house without one in my diaper bag!) but I do keep one strapped to his cup when we are in the car so he doesn't lose it and I don't wreck my car trying to find a  missing cup!

Booginhead SippiGrip Cup, Bottle and Toy Tether, Orange Grey Stripe


This is what Amazon has to say: "SippiGrip is an award winning, parent invented product that prevents cups, bottles and toys from falling to the floor and becoming lost or dirty. Its unique grip material creates a strong hold on any cup or bottle and it is adjustable in length when attached to high chairs, strollers, car seats and more. SippiGrip is a great on the go and germ protection product and a lifesaver for any parent tired of playing the cup throwing game.
SippiGrip is durable, washable and has a unique grip material for a strong hold. SippiGrip grips your child's cup, bottle or toy for a secure and safe fit!"

  • Washable, durable and non-toxic
  • Adjusts in length up to 12" to fit high chairs, strollers, car seats and more
  • Unique grip material for a strong hold
  • Available in a variety of patterns and colors
  • Winner of the iParenting Media Award and Creative Child's Seal of Excellence Award


If this sounds like something that could save you a little headache, I recommend spending the money and getting one. It is soooo worth it!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right, these are wonderful!! My mom got one for me for my baby shower & I used it all of the time! I know you can get cute character ones at Walgreens too, I've seen them. I sill occasionally use it if Connor is in the stroller because some cups don't fit great in his cup holders & tend to fall out.

    ReplyDelete